I won’t be naming the worst website in the UUA but I have certainly found it.
- Is a website supposed to make you cringe, first with fear and then embarassment?
- Have you ever gone from page to page and asked “why?”
- Has a site ever made you want to move into an area, just to form a new church?
I won’t name the site because the congregation is rather small and I don’t want to be seen as picking on it. Plus, it is so beyond the pale I don’t think an unsolicited scolding would actually result in anyone changing it. Also, I know that some of you already know about it, and it can be our little secret, like the Hymns of the Spirit anonymous authors code.
But here are two hints:
- The congregation’s distict has the name of its state in it. (There are five districts with state names in them.)
- The town/city it is in shares its name with another town/city, but the other one is more famous.
Yes, when Larry Smith (hi, Larry) wrote “thong” he meant “thong” — and not what we used to call flip-flops. Here’s another hint for the kitty:
- This congregation is an Annual Program Fund fair-share honor society.
I feel so dirty now.