I mentioned that there are a number of Unitarian Universalist congregations that are not members of the Unitarian Universalist Association but neither are they
- declared to be "emerging" with the goal of joining the UUA,
- really dormant or inactive; in essence a "submerged congregation,"
- independent, which includes some former members of the Universalist Church of America,
- "half-federated" with a historic Unitarian or Universalist partner, but only affiliated with another denomination or none, or
- a member of the American Unitarian Conference or (theoretically) some other group.
What's left is, in essence, district-sanctioned revivals of the Fellowship Movement. But even this might not be quite right, as it isn't clear if these congregations "in orbit" are simply "pre-emerging." I also wonder if there's a financial incentive to keep a few small congregations "off the books" for purposes of Annual Program Fund participation yields. The fact is that we don't know: we don't even know who or what these congregations are, much less what policies cover them in the districts or any statistics. Thank God a few have Web sites. (I'll add them in as time permits.)
Since they seem to be a district-level phenomenon (or that some districts account for them better than others) that's how they're listed.
- Petoskey, Michigan: UU Congregation of Petoskey
- New Hudson, Michigan: New Hope - A Progressive Religious Congregation
Mountain Desert District
- Gunnison, Colorado: Never Sink Fellowship
- Eastport, Maine: Congregational Society (Unitarian)
- Greene, Maine: First Universalist Church of Greene
- Hiram, Maine: First Universalist Society
- Orono, Maine: Orono Church of Universal Fellowship
- Rumford, Maine: emerging congregation?
- Saint John, New Brunswick: Unitarian Universalist Church
Prairie Star District
- Okoboji, Iowa: Iowa Lakes UU Fellowship
- Storm Lake, Iowa: UUs of Storm Lake
- Hutchinson, Kansas: Hutchinson Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship
- Buffalo, Minnesota: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: Lighthouse Sanctuary
- St. Cloud, Minnesota: Spirit of Life Church
- St. Paul, Minnesota: Groveland UU Fellowship
- Osceola, Missouri: UUs of Osceola
- Warrensburg, Missouri: UUs of Warrensburg
- Dickenson, North Dakota: Ocean of Grass UU Fellowship
Pacific Central District
- Morgan Hill, CA: South Valley Unitarian Fellowship
Pacific Southwest District
- Seal Beach, California: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Leisure World