One of my assumptions behind this blog is that if I intend to do it right, I should do with some goals in mind. (I can understand why some people might think this is extreme for hobby, but it's how I can describe it as a service.)
Because churches move at a glacial pace, I'm keeping the long view in sight.
- So before the end 2015, I want to have written 4,000 blog posts.
- And I want to have reached 3,600 blog posts by the end of 2014 General Assembly. Accomplished May 23, 2014.
- From the beginning of 2014 to the end 2015, I want to be cited at least 25 times by blogs which linked back to my blog.
- Because the writing is complementary, I want 750 followers on Twitter by the end of 2014. (I'm @bitb.) Accomplished July 15, 2014.
- I'd like my average readership to be 60 per day by the end of 2014.
- As a product of my blog work, I want to be invited, by the end of 2015, to participate in one non-blogging event, though it can be online, and I'm disallowing invitations by close friends. (If you have my cell number in your phone or have had a meal with me
andor my husband, you count as a close personal friend.)
If you see this last metric as an inducement for you to invite me to participate in some joint action, to present a paper, or to be invited speaker, feel free to act that feeling.