I’d known for some time that the run of printed Unitarian Universalist Association directories were available to be read online from Harvard Library’s site, so I wondered if any of the hard-to-get and not-public-domain (1924 on) Universalist directories and records, prior to the 1961 consolidation, were available there.
Indeed, there are. Here’s what I found in chronological order, and I’ll add more if I find any. Note that except were stated, the resources were published on a biennial basis.
- Universalist Year Book, 1922-1936 (annual)
- Minutes of the Universalist General Convention, 1935
- Universalist Biennial Reports and Directory, 1937-38
- Report of the biennial session, Minutes of the Universalist General Convention, 1937-1941
- Universalist Biennial Reports and Directory, 1939-40 including 1941 biennial session
- Report of the biennial session, Minutes of the Universalist Church of America, 1943
- Minutes of the General Assembly of the Universalist Church of America, 1951-1953
- Universalist Handbook and Directory, 1959-60
One Reply to “Twentieth-century Universalist records available online at Harvard”
This is a pretty good checklist to help see what’s missing.
Would really like a copy of the 1948 Directory.