Derek Parker, a friend and minister, responded to my request for what I might write for this blog. This is a list I drew up over lunch, in no particular order. What would you add?
- Training manuals and spreadsheets for volunteer treasurers
- Resources for accompanying hymn singing without a trained musician
- Self-directed spiritual development resources with a group element
- Model agreements for supply preachers
- Templates for preparing attractive orders of service and newsletters
- Recipes and guidelines for easy-to-prepare but delicious (and safe) church lunches and dinners
- Model guidance for protecting vulnerable persons in small churches
- Resources for the delivery and organization of sermons for novice preachers
- Ready-to-print materials appropriate for children who come to services
- Trustworthy guidance about “how political” a church can be without disrupting its non-profit status
Sometimes it’s just a question of identifying resources that exist. No need to reinvent the wheel.